Black rifle pic thread

Discussion in 'Black Rifles' started by Schultz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Oooooh, channeling some serious SIG STG 57 vibes. Or Belgie FAL... The PSGish grip is cool, but not for me as I am sinister.

2. To me a Thompson grip(the straight one) would make it perfect...

but that's for me! :mrgreen:

3. genrl

genrl New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Did someone say black rifles?
    [​IMG]

4. kg4kpg

kg4kpg Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Summerville
    Check out this guys dedicated .22. Tacoma .22 upper. I see my next project after the Grendel is done.

[​IMG]

5. Dave29461

Dave29461 Active Member

Dec 23, 2009
    M. C., S.C.
    Looks cool. I want to try your Grendel when you finish it. We 'll go to the club and stretch it's legs. :)

6. kg4kpg

kg4kpg Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Summerville
    Barrel is shipping soon, just need a couple mags, gas block and gas tube. Might need to bring one of your scopes, I just have my little 3x on my 5.56 and a 4x32 .22 scope someone gave me yesterday in a trade with some other stuff.
    Dang free-float rails seem like they keep going up in price. I'm moving the Diamondhead from the5.56 to the Grendel so now I need another rail for the 5.56.

7. Dave29461

Dave29461 Active Member

Dec 23, 2009
    M. C., S.C.
    Sounds like a winner to me.

8. rotarymike

rotarymike New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    North Charleston
    [​IMG]

Finished my wife's AR. 14.5" 6.8SPC with 2" pinned & welded levang comp. PSA lower, Aero upper. ARP barrel. Other goodies as seen.

Here's the good part: 6.2 pounds empty.

9. genrl

genrl New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    I like it, terrible picture though

10. kg4kpg

kg4kpg Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Summerville
    Looks good. I like the carbon fiber handguard.

Reminds me, I forgot to post a pic of my newly completed 6.5 Grendel. Hopefully I'll make enough extra cash on this TDY to pick up a good scope after I get home.

[​IMG]

11. rotarymike

rotarymike New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    North Charleston
    Yeah, iPhone. Haven't found my point and shoot since we moved.

12. PapaBear

PapaBear Member

May 8, 2012
    I've got that leavang on an AR pistol. Why use a linear compensator on a fullsize rifle? Just curious. Seems like venting all the gas forward is not going to help with muzzle rise much, right?

13. rotarymike

rotarymike New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    North Charleston
    Actually it helps a great deal. 6.8 with a bare barrel or a2 hider doesn't recoil that much more than 556, but muzzle rise is bad enough to make quick follow up shots difficult. You can use a foregrip or thumb-over-bore to help, but I'm not operator enough for that. A linear comp changes the recoil impulse to a straight push, which is easy to control for repeat shots.

For a range gun only I'd skip it. For a long range gun I'd skip it.